Would you like to work pro bono and still get a first-hand experience of a variety of legal matters. Want to get the satisfaction that your work not only improves your knowledge but also directly impacts many a people around you.
A typical Volunteer for Justice Fellow would help around 200 cases per year.
How the Fellowship works?
The Volunteer for Justice fellowship is a highly selective fellowship to provide free legal services to people in need. Recent law graduates upto 2 years' PQE (with Bar council registration) can apply for the 6 months’ fellowship (extendable to one year).
Fellows first go through a 7 days training with our senior fellows and volunteer lawyers and are then assigned selective cases and a clinic to work with.
The fellows typically perform the following functions:
provide appropriate training to the volunteer students;
oversee the work of volunteer students and the Clinics;
provide legal assistance to the clients and assistance to volunteer legal professionals; and
coordinate with clients, volunteer legal professional, legal aid groups and other organizations.
Why choose Volunteer for Justice Fellowship?
- Multi-disciplinary cases & experience
- Direct involvement with communities and people
- Training with multiple lawyers
- Stipend of INR 20,000 pm
- Certificate & Letter of Recommendation
- Fellows will be required to be resident in Delhi for the duration of the fellowship.
- Fellow are expected to carry their own laptops; anyone unable to do so should inform us in advance so that we are able to make alternative arrangement.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. An interview will be scheduled if shortlisted.
- In case of any specific queries, please write to us at admin[at]volunteerforjustice.org.
- The deadline for the application is 4th October 2017.
Fellowship applications are now closed.